With Thanksgiving under your belt and Christmas fast approaching, you may think that listing your home is the last thing you want to add to your to-do list, even if you are ready to get OUT! Think again. Here are 5 reasons why listing your home in December is a smart move:
- Ready to pull out those decorations but afraid it will making showings a nightmare? The opposite is true – potential buyers can see your home in magazine worthy glory, and envision their own holiday gatherings. It will also invite a sense of nostalgia for the holiday season (anyone else thinking that “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” should be playing in the background when buyers open the door?)
- Potential buyer have more free time during the holiday season than any other to look for a home.
- Fewer homes are on the market during the holiday season, so you can list with less competition.
- Home shoppers are in a buying mood, as the holiday season is synonymous with pulling out the checkbook.
- Change is good! Start 2014 fresh and out of the home you no longer want.
Whether you are upgrading or downsizing, I can help you find the perfect buyer for your home and the perfect new place for you. I pride myself on being available to my clients, so call me today to get your house on the market!